Why do I always overthink? It feels like everything I do, I tend to overanalyze. Maybe that’s just how a woman’s brain works.
We, women, have this tendency to think too much — probably because we’re so darn insecure. We worry about every single thing: our weight, our looks, the way we walk or talk, and especially… our men. And right now, I’m caught in that very dilemma myself.
What’s wrong with me? I know my man is out there, working his ass off. He even reassured me before he left for work — yet here I am, still worried. It’s as if a part of me imagines him toying around with another woman. And sometimes, it even feels like I want him to get caught, just so I can prove that my assumptions are right — which is completely wrong.
Every night, I find myself checking my phone, scrolling through social media, hoping to find a clue about what he’s up to. I bug him on WhatsApp just to get his attention (even though I know it annoys the hell out of him). I guess it’s just that twisted sense of satisfaction — wanting to feel noticed. But most nights, I end up disappointing myself with zero evidence.
And on those rare nights when I do find something — even the tiniest thing that upsets me — I end up crying my eyes out. And honestly, it’s my own fault.
After running out of tears, exhausted and drained, I ask myself… Why am I not grateful to have him?
We women often fail to appreciate what we have until it’s gone. We tell men to value us, but here we are, struggling with the same lesson ourselves. Maybe it’s our hormones, maybe it’s our emotions — they mess with both our hearts and our minds.
We get so caught up in not getting enough attention that we slowly sabotage our own relationships.
If we hadn’t overthought in the first place, we wouldn’t have created problems that never existed. We do this to ourselves.
Before you get angry, take a moment to breathe. Think about all the things your man has done for you before he became “busy” or seemed to be “ignoring” you. Cherish those moments. Treasure the times you laughed together. Don’t let small things ruin something good.
Remember, he’s your man for a reason — because you loved him.
If you think deeply enough, you might just save your relationship.
And yes, by saying all this, I’m reminding myself too.
Wouldn’t it be such a waste to let him go over little things? You might end up marrying that same person someday.
I once read on Twitter:
“People are meant to cross our path — some will stay, some won’t.”
If someone is meant for you, they’ll find their way back.
So don’t rush. Don’t overthink. Just let it flow.
Because God has already written our little happy endings —
and it could be with anyone.
